As your Insurance agent, we are committed to providing the best quality claims service to you - our valued customers.
We recommend that you report all incidents to us, whether or not you are making a claim. This will preserve your right to claim, should you need to do so at a later point in time. It is important to recognize that your policy contains a claim reporting condition, which requires that claims are made within a stated period; this period ranges from seven (7) days to sixty (60) days, depending on the policy.
Motor Vehicle Accident
If you are involved in a motor accident, please execute the following steps:
1. Stop your vehicle immediately and get medical assistance for the injured.
2. Call the police.
3. Co-operate with the driver (if another car is involved) and exchange the following information:
a. Name, address and telephone number of the owner of the vehicle and the driver of the vehicle.
b. Description of vehicle(s), year, model, registration number and color.
c. Name, address and telephone number of the insurance agent.
4. It is very important to document the following information (this information will subsequently reduce the time involved in processing your claim):
a. Date and time of the accident.
b. Details of the accident – reason or how the accident occurred, exact location, damage to your vehicle.
c. Name, address and phone number of any witnesses.
d. Name and ID number of the investigating officer.
e. Pictures of the accident – take pictures of both vehicles showing the license plates and of the accident scene showing point of impact.
5. Complete the appropriate claim form and submit within the period stated in your policy (the period is usually seven (7) days).
6. Secure an estimate of repairs from a repairer who is a member of the Autobody Association and submit this within the period stated.
If you experience any property damage, please execute the following steps:
1. Report any damage to us as soon as possible and complete a claim form within the period stated in your insurance policy (this period is usually thirty (30) days).
2. Secure an estimate of repairs from a competent contractor, builder or engineer, detailing the damages, materials required, costs of the items, labor and transportation.
3. If the claim is for loss of items resulting from theft, it is a requirement that you report the matter to the police.
a. The police will prepare a report and, if required, the insurance company will bear the cost.
b. For items stolen, you will be required to list the stolen items and provide evidence of the cost to replace the items.
4. Provide name and contact details for anyone who is responsible for the damage.
Please note the following guidelines after your claim is settled:
1. Once the insurance company has honored its obligation to you, the process of subrogation (recovering from any negligent party) will begin, and you are obligated to cooperate with the insurance company. Any legitimate expenses, not covered under your policy, can be included in the subrogation process. This includes deductibles and other uninsured expenses.
2. If you are injured, the insurance company will either include your claim into a single action including the medical expenses, loss of income, and other expenses (also known as special damages), in addition to your pain and suffering (also known as general damages), or alternately, you will be required to file a separate legal action on your own.
3. It is important that you keep receipts of all expenses. Without proof, your claim(s) for reimbursement of expenses will not succeed.
We hope you find this information useful. Our dedicated claims representatives look forward to assisting you and to ensuring that you experience our excellence in claims service. The contact details for the points of contact within the general claims department are as follows:
Ms. Amie James
Ms. James is a liability and property claims specialist, who is responsible for the authorizing and settlement of claims for all classes of insurance. She is also responsible for the catastrophe claims function. For assistance with these claims, please contact her directly at 1 (268) 480 1201.
Mr. Thomas is a claims processor, who creates and maintains our follow-up functions and works closely with both customers and providers to ensure excellent general claims service. He also assists with Lloyd’s surveys. For assistance with motor and marine claims, please contact him directly at 1 (268) 480 1219.
The Insurance Manager, Ms. Majorie Parchment, can also be contacted directly at 1 (268) 480 1223.
For NAGICO Auto Assistance (NAA), please contact our representative at 1 (268) 764 4622. The following areas are covered by our NAA for comprehensive policyholders only:
• Flat Tire
• Locked Out of Vehicle
• Dead Battery
• Out of Gas
• Wrecker service following an accident (For 24 hours assistance, please contact Jim Daddy & Sons Ltd. at 1 (268) 462 3433 or our NAA representative)